I have chosen 3 images for this exercises and used watercolour paints to try and match the colours in the images accurately. While working on this exercises I realised how much different colours there are in an image and that colours seemed to change depending on the colours surrounding it. I also realised that I did not have enough yarns to match the colours in the images, but I have tried to match the colours as accurately as possible.
The first image I have chosen is a picture of tomatoes, lettuce and a gherkin. I have chosen this image because of the different shades of green and red, and because of the texture of the gherkin. I had some trouble recording the colour of the highlights on the tomatoes. The highlights seem to be a shade of pale pink, so I recorded the highlights as 2 different shades of pink.
For my second image I have chosen an photograph by Adam Mørk titled Coloured View. There are only a couple of colours in this image, but I think that the bright orange against the more muted colours looks really interesting.
For my third image I have chosen an image of a bouquet of flowers. The most difficult colours to record in this image were the greens. There are so many different shades of greens in this image. Yellow-green, light green, grey-green.