For my final sample, I chose to applique my drawing of an Amaryllis and use a square out of another drawing as a vase. These are drawings that I chose to use:
I used cotton fabrics for the vase. The flower is made using sheer fabric in white and purple. After I appliqued the vase and the flower, I decided that the flower needed something extra, so I used a running stitch to mimic the veins in the petals. I decided to keep let the fabric of the vase fray, because I think it adds a little extra to the sample. This is the end result:
I am pleased with the end result and I am definitely going to use this technique more often.