This was an eye opening exercise. It was like putting into practice what I learned in Stage 2 Colour perception. I choose to use blue and red and it is amazing to see how colours seem to change if you isolate one colour against a mass of another colour. Some of the blues seemed to turn purple against the reds. This is the whole sample:
I made a couple of close-ups of my sample, because some of the stitches seem to disappear amidst the thicker yarns.
I love the couching stitch for yarns that are difficult to stitch.
The blue almost seems to be purple amidst all the red.
I cheated a little and used a French knot, because I thought it would be interesting to isolate a colour like this.